360° Coverage : Satyam, Tech Mahindra launch integration process

1 Updates
Satyam, Tech Mahindra launch integration process
Photo Credit: INDRANIL MUKHERJEE, Getty Images

Satyam, Tech Mahindra launch integration process

Jan 31 2013, 11:31am CST | by

Hyderabad, Jan 31 (IANS) Mahindra Satyam and Tech Mahindra have started defacto integration process and are only waiting for the legal assent for formal merger, said Mahindra Satyam chairman Vineet Nayar.

Hyderabad, Jan 31 — Mahindra Satyam and Tech Mahindra have started defacto integration process and are only waiting for the legal assent for formal merger, said Mahindra Satyam chairman Vineet Nayar...

Filed under: news

YouTube Videos

 
 
 

1 year ago

Satyam, Tech Mahindra launch integration process

Jan 31 2013, 11:31am CST | by

Hyderabad, Jan 31 (IANS) Mahindra Satyam and Tech Mahindra have started defacto integration process and are only waiting for the legal assent for formal merger, said Mahindra Satyam chairman Vineet Nayar.

Hyderabad, Jan 31 — Mahindra Satyam and Tech Mahindra have started defacto integration process and are only waiting for the legal assent for formal merger, said Mahindra Satyam chairman Vineet Nayar.

He told reporters here Thursday that the process of merger was in final stage and was confident that it would soon get the court's nod.

"I am confident that this matter will be closed soon and we will operate as a combined company in the near future. In fact, defacto we are already doing it and what we are looking for is a legal assent," he said while announcing company's third quarter results.

The merger was proposed soon after Anand Mahindra-owned Tech Mahindra purchased Satyam Computer Service Limited in 2009 and re-branded as Mahindra Satyam.

The government auctioned the Hyderabad-based IT services firm Satyam after its founder and chairman B. Ramalinga Raju admitted India's biggest accounting fraud.

However, the merger was put on hold in view of the investigations into Satyam fraud by various agencies.

Mahindra Satyam CEO C.P. Gurnani said telecom would be the biggest vertical for the combined entity followed by manufacturing and BFSI (Banking, Financial Services and Insurance).

He said within manufacturing aerospace and defence would play dominant role because of the synergies of Mahindras with companies like Mahindra Defence Systems and Mahindra Aerospace.

Nayar said they would be using the synergies of both the companies while ensuring that there was no duplication. While Tech Mahindra is strong in telecom, Satyam has its presence in all other verticals. He believes services would be the only area where there could be some overlap.

On branding the new entity, Gurnani said this was put to vote among clients, customers and analyst community and they were waiting for the result.

Mahindra Satyam, which is sitting on huge cash reserves of Rs.3,311 crore, is also looking for strategic acquisitions. Gurnani said there would acquisitions would be in Europe and Australia as there were more opportunities there. He also indicated that the acquisitions would be in engineering services and that size was not an issue for them.

He also pointed out that company's non-America revenue came down during third quarter which ended Dec 2012. He attributed this to some large technology customers in US deciding to take a holiday during the period.

Currently America accounts for 53 percent of the revenue, Europe 24 and emerging markets 24 percent. He believes this trend would continue for sometime.

Manufacturing contributed 34 percent to the revenues in Q3 while BFSI accounted for 20 percent revenues.

Nayar said the current projections indicate some positive signs in the global economy but full recovery would be a long and slow process. "Our expectations are customers would invest more in technology and IT this year compared to last year," he added.

IANS

Source: IANS

 

Don't miss ...

 

<a href="/latest_stories/all/all/8" rel="author">Luigi Lugmayr</a>
Luigi is the founding Chief Editor of I4U News and brings over 15 years experience in the technology field to the ever evolving and exciting world of gadgets. He started I4U News back in 2000 and evolved it into vibrant technology magazine.
Luigi can be contacted directly at ml@i4u.com. Luigi posts regularly on LuigiMe.com about his experience running I4U.

 

blog comments powered by Disqus

Latest stories

WHO declares Nigeria officially Ebola-free (Roundup)
Abuja/Dar-es-Salam/Tokyo, Oct 20 (IANS) The World Health Organisation (WHO) Monday officially declared Nigeria Ebola-free , after no new cases were confirmed in the past 42 days, even as the International Monetary Fund (IMF) appealed to the donor community to provide grants to countries affected by the deadly virus.
 
 
IMF appeals for help to Ebola-hit countries
Dar-es-Salam, Oct 20 (IANS) The International Monetary Fund (IMF) Monday appealed to the donor community to provide grants to countries affected by the Ebola outbreak to avoid a decline in their economies.
 
 
Japanese firm to produce more drug for Ebola
Tokyo, Oct 20 (IANS) Japan's Fujifilm Holdings Corporation announced Monday that it will start production of the anti-influenza drug Avigan in preparation for a larger number of patients infected with the Ebola virus.
 
 
Algeria denies Ebola detection reports
Algiers, Oct 20 (IANS) Algeria Monday denied reports of detection of Ebola virus cases in its territory, media reported.
 
 
 

Latest from the Network

1,074 new dengue cases in Chinese province
Beijing, Oct 18 (IANS) China's Guangdong province has reported 1,047 new cases of dengue fever, health authorities said Saturday. Six people have already died in Guangdong -- five in Guangzhou and one in adjacent...
Read more on Business Balla
 
Blake Lively 'always' wanted to be mum
Blake Lively has ''always'' wanted to be a mother. The 27-year-old actress is expecting her first child with husband Ryan Reynolds and she admits she's been dreaming of this moment since she was a youngster. Speaking...
Read more on Celebrity Balla
 
Kris Jenner 'torn apart' by Bruce's new relationship
Kris Jenner feels ''torn apart and angry'' that Bruce Jenner is dating her former assistant. The 58-year-old matriarch split from the 64-year-old Olympic gold medalist last October following 22-years of marriage but is...
Read more on Celebrity Balla
 
Cheryl Fernandez-Versini won't move to France
Cheryl Fernandez-Versini doesn't want to move to her husband's home country of France. The 'X Factor' judge, 31, who comes from Newcastle, is adamant she won't be relocating any time soon to suit her new spouse Jean-...
Read more on Celebrity Balla
 
Lance Bass sets wedding date
Lance Bass has set a date for his wedding. The former *NSYNC singer and his partner Michael Turchin, who have been dating for two-and-a-half years, are to tie the knot on December 20, 2014, a representative for the...
Read more on Celebrity Balla
 
Nepal avalanche toll reaches 39
Kathmandu, Oct 18 (IANS) At least 39 climbers died while hiking on a key Nepali route after it was hit by a major snowstorm and avalanches earlier this week, BBC reported Saturday citing officials. Over 350 stranded...
Read more on Politics Balla
 
Jake Gyllenhaal says society is complicit in 'nightcrawling'
Jake Gyllenhaal says almost everybody in society ought to relate to his new movie 'Nightcrawlers'. The eagerly-awaited film concerns those people who monitor police scanners and then race to crime scenes to film eye-...
Read more on Movie Balla
 
India eves look for first win in AFC U-16 qualifiers
Dhaka, Oct 18 (IANS) India will hope to register their first win of the 2015 Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Under-16 Women's Championship qualifiers when they take on hosts Bangladesh in a crucial encounter at the...
Read more on Sport Balla
 
Moyes mulling return to management
London, Oct 18 (IANS) Former Manchester United manager David Moyes said that he is ready to revive his managerial career six months after being sacked by the 'Red Devils'. "I am ready to return. I have enjoyed the...
Read more on Sport Balla
 
Ebola fears loom over Ghana hosting AFCON
Accra (Ghana), Oct 18 (IANS) The Ghana Medical Association (GMA) cautioned the government Saturday against hosting the 2015 African Cup of Nations (AFCON), despite a request by the Confederation of African Football (...
Read more on Sport Balla